Contest: Share your viaduct memories to commemorate Milepost 31
At the end of November, our Milepost 31 information and tour center in Pioneer Square is closing its doors. We are celebrating the visitor center and the many people who helped make it possible with a final celebration and speaker series on Thursday, Nov. 2.
To commemorate the center, we’re asking you to share your favorite memory or photo of the Alaskan Way Viaduct. Participants will be entered in a contest that starts today and runs through Friday, Nov. 10. Five participants will be randomly chosen and invited on a special tour that will go into the new SR 99 tunnel.
Here is how you can enter the contest:
- Visit Milepost 31 and take our trivia challenge. Submitting your answers will give you one entry into the drawing.
- On Twitter, share your favorite viaduct memory or photo. Use the hashtag #Byeaduct and tag us (@BerthaDigsSR99). This will give you one entry into the drawing.
- Don’t use Twitter? You can email us your photo or viaduct memory to email@example.com, with the subject line “Viaduct memory.”
Remember: safety first; do not Tweet us or take a photo while driving!
We will conduct the drawing on Monday, Nov. 13, and notify winners via email or Twitter direct message, with the tour planned in early December. Winners will be able to bring an additional person on the tour (everyone must be 18 years of age or older).
For six years, Milepost 31 has told nearly 80,000 visitors the story of the land that became Pioneer Square and the transformative program that is replacing the Alaskan Way Viaduct. Thank you to the visitors from Seattle and around the world who helped make Milepost 31 possible. We appreciate your support over the past six years.
Full contest rules
- All submissions must be entered between Thursday, Oct. 26 and Friday, Nov. 10.
- Twitter submissions must include #Byeaduct and tag the @BerthaDigsSR99 handle.
- Email submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Viaduct memory.”
- Trivia sheets must be submitted in person at Milepost 31.
- Participants can earn a maximum two entries, one in person and one online.
- Participants may earn one entry by submitting a trivia sheet at Milepost 31. Submitting multiple sheets will not increase your chance of winning.
- Participants may earn one entry by participating via Twitter or email. Submitting via both Twitter and email, or multiple entries via either method, does not increase your chance of winning.
- Do not take photos of the viaduct, or anything else, while driving.
- Winners will be selected randomly from the entire pool of entrants.
- After the drawing we will contact winners via email or Twitter direct message. Winners have five days to RSVP or they will lose their spot and we will randomly draw a new winner.
- All tour participants must be 18 years or older.
- No Alaskan Way Viaduct Replacement Program employees, consultants or contractors are eligible.
- The job site tour is within an active construction zone. All tour participants must be able to climb up and down eight flights of stairs and walk long distances, sometimes over uneven ground.