Skip Top Navigation

Most Requested


Contact Us

Relocation Assistance Program

The Relocation Assistance Program is responsible for administering the Uniform Relocation Act and providing relocation assistance to persons displaced from residences, business, farms or non-profit organizations (NPO) by public works projects. Persons displaced from their homes are eligible to receive advisory services and certain monetary payments for moving and replacement housing costs. Displaced businesses, farms and NPO's are eligible for advisory services and monetary payments for moving costs and re-establishment costs. These services and payments are explained in more detail in the brochures entitled "Residential Relocation Assistance Program", "Business/Farm/Non Profit Organization Relocation Assistance Program", and "Personal Property Only Relocation Assistance Program". These brochures are available below or hard copies may be obtained from the department.